Our Promise To You
Direct Debit Payment
Our membership fees can be paid by monthly direct debit, a popular and easy method of payment. The key points of our direct debit scheme are below and we would ask you to take a moment to read them. Feel free to ask a member of staff for clarification on any of the points below.
- Ocean Fitness is a certified direct debit originator, registered with the Irish Payment Services Organisation (IPSO)
- Direct debit payments will only be taken from a current account, we cannot collect payments from savings, deposit or credit card accounts
- Direct Debits are taken by Ocean Fitness in the name of The Salthill Court Hotel - this is the name that will be shown on your bank statements
- Direct Debit payments are collected on a monthly basis unless you are advised otherwise in writing
- Direct Debit payments will be collected on the 25th of each month, or the closest possible date in the case of the 25th being on a weekend or bank holiday
- Correspondence from Ocean Fitness will only be sent to one person from a Couple or Family membership
- In the case of a couple or family membership, the monthly Direct Debit payment can only be collected from one account
- Direct debits do not run for a specified number of months, they remain in place until they are stopped in writing. We recommend that you do this by email directly to us.
- Amendments or cancellations of direct debit payments must be made via email to us, verbal amendments or cancellations will not be accepted
- Unlike other clubs, Ocean Fitness does not tie you into a twelve month contract and allows you to cancel your direct debit by giving 30 days written notice, after an initial minimum period of not less than 3 months. All of our memberships are offered on an annual basis however, so because of this, a joining fee will apply to direct debit memberships to prevent abuse of our cancellation policy.
- From February 25th 2013, a charge of €5 will be incurred by you when a direct debit payment fails to be collected from your account. This is a charge that the bank places on us each time we fail to collect a payment and we encourage you to avoid having to pay it by ensuring that you have sufficient funds in your account on the 25th of each month.